[ST] showing it's age?

My 2000 RS has done 30,000 miles now, and a couple of
problems have come to light:

1) The swingarm coating is bubbling and peeling. The
rear footrests did the same early on and were replaced
under warranty, but although it's fundamentally the
same problem Triumph won't consider relacing the
swingarm. So has anyone else had this yet, and what
have you done about it? Does it mean having to take
the arm off to get it recoated?

2) While replacing the rear tire (I went for a
Michelin Macadam 100X by the way - I'll let you know
later how it performs on my freeway commute) I
discovered that the bearing on the rear sprocket was
shot. It had run dry and seized. Luckily on the
double-sider Triumphs it's a very standard and
readily-available item and cost me only £10 UK to
replace. But you might want to check yours, and maybe
get some grease into it!

Barry