Re: [ST] High Mileage

Rupert Galea wrote:
> Welcome Brett. 45,000 miles. I have 33,000 on my 99 ST right now. My
> biggest concern is oil consumption. I decided to start keeping track of
> how much oil my bike uses between oil changes. Anyway you may find this
> helpful
> http://www.rgalea.com/bikes/st/reliability.html
>
> That is a nice part of the world you are in
> Rupert

Just for some more data

my '01 ST BRG

- - clutch cable started to fray - replaced under warranty
- - fuel send replaced IIRC - warranty
- - replaced chain/sprockets at 23k miles

~24k miles in 18 months.

kill by rocks in northern California, rider (me) did not go down, took
out oil pan and progressive wrote the bike off.

as far as the chain, I regularly clean and oiled the chain, with
cleanings happening ever 13k miles or so and oil being applied at least
ever 2-4k miles  :-)  :-)

cheers,
Tom

- --