RE: [ST] Starcomm1 vs. AudioBoss Comm. Systems

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Nathan Maher wrote:

- -I never ride without earplugs and when I'm looking for sound and noise
- -reduction I pop in the trusty Etymotic ER4P's.  A little pricey, yes, but
- -they are without a doubt the best sounding headphones that I've ever heard.
- -I bought them from here:
- -http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?topicID=3&subTopicID=26&productID=002010
- -0005 and have never regretted it.  I'm not sure how the systems that you're
- -using work, but couldn't you substitute headphones for the speakers?

Thanks Nate, that is a thought that's crossed my mind before.  I know those
earplugs sound great and I'd assume they do a good job of shutting out the
outside noise (wind noise/etc) but they'd also shutout the desirable outside
sounds I'd assume that get thru with helmet speakers and earplugs.

Sure, they'd require some slicing and dicing to get adapted into the system
for 2-way but I think that could be done easy enough.  But another reason I
prefer the helmet speaker is that it's wired in and attached, not sure I'd get
along with having to put my speakers into my ear with the wires hanging down
and then try to deal with putting on the helmet, knocking them out, etc.  Any
issues there?

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '98 VFR800FI -hers    ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  '89 Hawk GT  -hers   Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  66    U    AMA,CMHmoto,HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail