RE: [ST] My ST is either mad at me.....

<Snip>-----Original Message-----
From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Ceren Ercen
I wouldn't hesitate to blame the battery and replace it, if 1) the
previous owner wasn't the type to fanatically
change it at least once a year, whether it needed it or not and 2) the
fuel sender hadn't been behaving oddly.<end snip>

In spite of all that, check the battery for a short.  The fuel sender
probably isn't in the equation.

>So I let it sit there and charge a bit.  Attempted starts resulted in
pathetic weak attempts to turn over, and so
I let it sit several minutes attached to the running car. <

That was not a good idea.  Hooking a car battery to a bike doesn't hurt
anything.  Hooking up an automobile's charging system to a bike's could
do a lot of damage.

If you don't have any equipment to check electrical, just disconnect the
battery and hook your jumper cables directly to them. Without the bike's
battery in the system, try to start the bike.  DON'T start the car.
Make sure the positive lead doesn't ground or vice-versa.

If everything is normal, you need a new battery.

Andrew F. Kay, Jr.
Riders of the Lost Empire, LC,  13355 79th Street, Fellsmere, FL 32948
www.lostempire.com   andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"One man that has a mind and knows it, can always beat ten men who
havent and dont." George Bernard Shaw, 1856-1950. The Applecart, (1929),
Act I.