Re: [ST] Irresponsible Journalist

I say, "Meh..."

If he'd characterized all motorcyclists as
irresponsible, law-breaking deviants or somesuch, I
might take exception.  As it stands, his response is
similar to those I get from many when I tell them I
ride.  "I ride a motorcycle."  "Nice knowing you."

Statistics do show that riding is, in fact, more
dangerous than driving; we understand and choose to
accept that extra risk.  Others are horrified by it
and prefer to surround themselves with airbags and ABS
and crumple zones.  To me, the columnist's reaction
says more about him than it does about us...

- -Aron

- --- Lisa White <redriders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please click on the attached link and read what
> Chicago Sun-Times
> columnist Neil Steinberg has to say about
> motorcyclists.
>

> I strongly suggest you e-mail him to express your
> opinion. Remember, be
> polite and to the point.
> http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/2004/steinberg.asp

=====
/\|^()|\| |\|()|'/\|\|('|\|              ardnopes@xxxxxxxxx
Quadrilateral I was; now I warp like a smile   707.527.7726