Re: [ST] New Tires

Richard
Regarding your comment  "

The damn shops can't compete with mail order tyres

It is basically true, but the local shops are probably paying almost as much, and in some cases, more than the mail order sites are selling them for.  Probably due to volume, but I know for a fact that many times the dealer could go to the same site that any of us use and buy tires for the same or less than what the distributor would charge him at dealer cost.

So we end up paying for his services --  the only thing he can offer that the mail order joints can not compete with.

In some cases, they may be overcharging, but it will probably bite them in the end.

Dave Bardell
MIllerSTown, PA
01 ST