RE: [ST] Riding again

Nice report, Dan!  My 9yo grandson will be green with envy.

I've seen a cylinder's finish etched by a puddle of old antifreeze on
the piston rings.  Any chance your ST's engine sat that way while the
head was being repaired?

BTW, don't sell them beemers short.  Due to a last-minute sprained
ankle, some friends showed up at the TRAP Rally in eastern Oregon
earlier this month on a K1200RS.  They had left Portland without so much
as a preload adjustment but once we had dialed in their rear suspension,
that thing was plenty fast on some of Oregon's best roads.

My guess is you'll have a great time especially if you're willing to
make a few roadside adjustments.  Wish I was going!
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST