RE: [ST] Riding again

> I've seen a cylinder's finish etched by a puddle of old antifreeze on
> the piston rings.  Any chance your ST's engine sat that way while the
> head was being repaired?

It's entirely possible, but not likely antifreeze as there was no breech
between water chambers and cylinders, but the fuel and junk mixture from
the totally destroyed spark plug and coil might have something to do with
that.  I could still see the cross hatching on the cylinder walls after
almost 50,000 miles, though.

> BTW, don't sell them beemers short.  Due to a last-minute sprained
> ankle, some friends showed up at the TRAP Rally in eastern Oregon
> earlier this month on a K1200RS.  T

Not selling the Beemers short, after all I still get more than a few
giggles out of my /6, I just really like my Triumph.  Ruth gets a F650GS
and I'm riding an R1150R.  Should be a blast and we are both looking
forward to it.

Dan.

End of st-digest V2004 #527