Re: [ST] Starcomm1 vs. AudioBoss Comm. Systems

Hey Bill,

I had the same question as I have motocomm headsets
now.  I got a little bit conflicting stories here as
Starcom1 tech support said it may not work:

"they stated that the motocmm headsets, like most
headsets, use a common ground, where as their
headsets, to achieve more volume, use a differential
ground (any techies know what this is?)"

And he also stated that while the manufacturer may be
the same for the Din connectors and wiring, they
rewire them with thier own upgraded mics and speakers
for better volume and voice pickup.

And an ST1100 lister responded with:

"Bryce,
  I am currently using a Motocomm headset in one of my
helmets, waiting for the correct headset to arrive
from Starcom.  Hence the pinout is the same.  However,
the quality of sound is very different.  I truly
believe their speakers (Starcom's) to be superior,
and, the Motocomm's are mono, not stereo.  I also
believe that there is some filtering system at play
with the Starcom, as there is clearly more wind noise
with the Motocomm."

Hope that helps.

Bryce <- motocomm headset user ordering all new
starcom1 stuff.