Re: [ST] track day report --

chuck boatwright wrote:

> Who wants to admit that they were at sears point on saturday on a blue ST?

All right, you called me out. That was me.

> I was running laps on the endurance bike (an aprilia rs 250), and did a
> couple sessions in the B- group, just to be able to put 40 minutes of laps
> together.
>
> If said blue ST rider is on the list, nice riding out there.  I followed
> you for half a lap before rolling by.

This is the first year I did some track days. I appreciate a bit more now
how much is going on out there for folks who go really fast. Lines, body
positioning, keeping track of brake markers, late braking, coming out of
corners, how to make passes, ... One of the instructors showed me some lines
later in the day, that changed my approach to 2 and the carousel a lot.

> I had an absolute gas on the two stroke, after figuring out how bleeding
> crucial it is to stay hard on the gas, else the rear end chatters..  I
> slid the back end from the apex of two to the far candy stripes.  mmmm
> pucker....

Speaking of coming out of corners, I can't imagine being in the saddle and
doing a slide like that. I'm picturing it though. Yikes :)

Kyle