From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
David Earl
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 11:10 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] FYI Gas Prices

>Gas prices are just APPROACHING the real cost we were paying in the
mid-70's.

Not to mention, when you add in the cost of other neccessities, these
may just be the good ole days.  When my father was touring in Europe in
1960 we called him on his birthday for a surprise.  We waited about 45
minutes for a line and when we did get through, the ~3 minute call was
$27(in 1960 bucks, what would THAT be today).  I deal with Italy on a
regular basis and my calls from USA are simply cell minutes + 10¢/min
overseas premium and my calls from Italy to USA when I'm there are
75¢/minute.  If $5.00/gal gasoline curtails the sale of SUV pleasure
boats, then it can't be all bad.  I live <4 miles from work for a
reason.  I fill up one or the other of my bike every two weeks for ~
$10.  Most of my gasoline expense is pleasure use, so I'm not going to
complain.

David
'99ST