Re: [ST] speaking of turn signal lenses...

> Did you replace the whole signal fixture, or just the bulbs to pull that
off?
Yes, the stalk was about the same length as the stock but the light housing
was a bit bigger to fit the automotive type 57 dual filament bulb.  It has
three wires and is an easy splice into the turn signal and ground wires.  If
you want fancy, pretty little things then Lochart-Philips makes some cat's
eye dual filaments but they just aren't as bright.

One of my discoveries in this whole adventure is that it isn't as much the
bulb, but the reflector that makes them bright.  Those cat's eyes were the
prime example of that.  Nice bulbs but no reflectors to speak of.  That's
why the leds don't do as well as expected.  They put off a lot of light in a
single direction but a dimmer bulb working with a good reflector makes the
dim bulb appear brighter.  Probably not explaining that well but if you play
with them enough you'll see what I mean.  I don't know what the deal is with
the red coated bulbs and white lens but they just don't seem to put out the
light to get your attention like the red lens does.  Seems you have a choice
between show or go with the lights.  The real pretty ones don't do much.

Rod