[ST] Aftermarket rear shock

The one thing I would really like to do to my 99 ST is put a better
rear shock on it. The damping on the stock shock failed at 27K and I
put a low mileage used stock shock on it. But this is only a stop gap
measure.

One of the annoying things with Triumph is the lack of aftermarket support.

Choices

1) Ohlins 46prcs (TR851)
(External reservoir. Adjustable compression and rebound damping. Hose
mounted hydraulic spring preload adjuster)
I found this
http://www.revlimiterracing.com/suspension/ohlins2/shocks/ohlinstriumph/ohlinstriumph.html
But I called them and they quoted from 4-16 weeks and all they could
say about the $750 price was that it would be in that ballpark.

2) Penske
Lindemann offer the 2-way (has separate adjustments for compression,
rebound, preload, and shock length(RIDE HEIGHT)) for $658 if you
display their sticker

3) Wilbers
Model 640 $487 (adjustable rebound damping with 22 clicks, and
infinite variable adjustment for the spring pre-load via C-spanner)

Model 641 $759 (adjustable rebound damping with 22 clicks, as well as High and
Low speed compression damping with 22 clicks and hose mounted reservoir)

# 629 = infinite variable adjustable ride height ± 1/2" @  $ 73.00
# 625 = hydraulic pre-load adjuster for rear shock, to eliminate the
fiddling with the hook-wrench @ $ 199.00

$20 shipping and 3-4 weeks delivery

4) WP

5) Hyperpro

6) Hagan (exchange rate would hurt)

7) technoflex

How many people have fitted a different shock to their ST/RS? What did
it cost and where did you get it? Are you happy with it? Can anyone
fill in info for WP, Hyperpro, Hagan, Technoflex? Does anyone know of
a good source for the Ohlins (I am steering away from Jack Lilley
because of exchange rates)?

Thanks
Rupert