RE: Re: [ST] (rear hub. epilogue)

Impact socket price:
Well, I would say  depending on the brand between 30 and 60 euro.
If you take Facom it surely is 60. But it's a liftime waranty.

However, the good news is that the truck breaker bar finaly made it.
I was obliged to grind the socket a bit for it to come in and have more
surface in contact w/ the nut. Stucking a jack stand under helped a lot.
I also strapped the wrench to the hub. Then I just stand on the bar (I weight
more or less 150 pounds) w/ my son on the brake. The bar is a bit more than 40 cm (less than half a yard).

When done I torqued it to ~145Nm and found out that it was 1/8 turn less than the
original. I let you guess the torque they put on this poor thing.

About the bearing, I found that the grease was probably enought but worn out. I
mean too thin. The factory grease apprears to be green but was rather black around the needles.
I put new grease in there just to push out the old one, collected it
by pressing the needle cage arround and put grease again. Clean up the hub and get all back together.
By the way I didn' need to remove the caliper holder and then I didn' t need any plier.

The innner (chaine side) seal of the bearing was not in place. I suspect that for the recall they put the
hub back not too carefully and the hub hedge caught the seal on the way in. I got it back in place.

Thx all of you for help and advices.

Fred