Re: [ST] Crank story continues...

Dave Bardell wrote:
Tom,

Don't know as I have not done it yet, but expect to in about 4K and expect to use the Triumph tool or one like it. . But aren't the '02
and later different?

Yes, I believe '02 and beyond are shim under bucket, which requires cam removal AFAIK. But '01 is definitely shim over bucket. I was responding to another gentle whose dealer for some reason believe it is easier to remove ones cams than to just hold the bucket down to replace the shim.

BTW, read the service manual, you might not be able to rotate the engine 360 deg with a valve held down!!

I'll repeat to ensure no one comes back to me saying they bent a valve
because they did what I said without referring to the service manual!

BTW, read the service manual, you might not be able to rotate the engine
360 deg with a valve held down!!

BTW, read the service manual, you might not be able to rotate the engine
360 deg with a valve held down!!

regards, Tom

-- Thomas Emberson