Re: [ST] Barber Motosports Museum Pics

I'm heading back Suches in late September. A return visit to Barber is being discussed amongst the "boys".

George

At 02:45 PM 4/27/2005 , you wrote:

From: George K <gkeslin@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I agree with you STeve. The museum is well worth the trip. I can see from your pictures that they've done a lot since I was there 2 years ago. A buddy of mine and I stopped on our way home to Chicago from Suches, GA. We did maybe 50 miles of slab on the whole trip.

George

It is awesome, George. My understanding is they have about 600 bikes on display at any given time and another 600 in storage, with another 1000 of so unrestored bikes in a warehouse. They are constantly rotating bikes in and out, so a trip back to the museum in 6 months would be worthwhile. For example, they had just put out a Norton 850 Commando, that had ZERO miles on it. Was found still in it's crate in some shut down factory! Crazy.

We took two days to enjoy the scenery getting out there, 800 miles of literally no interstate, all two lane blacktop. It was the bomb. The 752 miles on the way back was practically all I-20. Boring, but I was on a deadline.

eL Donut jinete en la tormenta

STeve Duncan
'00-Sprint-ST
'96-DR350S