RE: [ST] Looking for a Sprint

I have to agree Emile. I've had a Shadow ACE, Magna, and a Vulcan over the years and they weren't any where near as comfortable as the Sprint! The wife would rather ride pillion all day on the Sprint than just a few miles on the back of the Shadow.

She rode the Magna a lot and thought it was fantastic until she started riding a Monster 800. She told me she'll never go back to a cruiser! If it were me, I'd stick with some kind of sport tourer or something like an FJR1300.

Good luck with your treatments!!

George

.At 04:39 PM 4/27/2005 , Emile Nossin wrote:
>From: James Goldston
>my wife wants me to get something she can ride with me on
>this summer.
>getting a Honda VTX 1300 or some other crappy cruiser. Yuck.

I'd think the Sprint is a lot more comfortable to cruise
on than an actual cruiser. I had a loaner Yamaha XVS1100
Dragster for a day and both me and my girlfriend (on the
back) hated it. The seating position is not ergonomic
(in contrast to the Sprint!) and the suspension sucks.

The only thing more comfortable than a Sprint I can think
of is another sport touring bike (FJR1300, ST1300) or an
allroad (Tiger, GS, CapoNorde). But certainly not a cruiser,
they are just for posing, NOT for riding (Rocket III might
be the exception). Some people buy cruisers because they
seem relaxed and comfortable, but in my opinion (and experience
with the Dragster and a 535 Virago) the opposite is true.
Cruisers are the worst bikes to comfortably cruise on.
My T-max also had a cruiser-like seating position and
it's really not nice on your back, as well as your arms,
neck and legs. Dito for the passenger. A wide saddle and
feet forward position doesn't mean comfortable at all.
It's a fact that a seating position like on the FJR/ST
and Sprint (if you haven't got short arms) is the most
ergonomic. Perhaps you just need to educate your wife
on that, or just make a testride to show it.

Good luck on the radiation! A friend of mine is almost
thru and just started riding again a few weeks ago. He
had to start his 2nd series of radiation as well this
week (braintumor), but at least the huge growth he had is
gone. I hope stuff will turn positive for you, again best
of luck.

Emile
www.piloot.com