Re: [ST]Fork oil drain - Hyperpro Shock Spring

"Back to Hyperpro -  Sounds like someone is experimenting with Hyperpro and
Race Tech at the same time, no?  As far as fitting a new rear spring I've
used an automotive wall mounted MacPherson strut spring compressor on other
bikes - Is there something special about our triumph shock?"

George is doing the experimenting with the Hyperpro/Race Tech combo.  I'm
very interested in that too.  I have the springs in but I can't help but
think the emulators might make the forks a more adjustable. It's probably
a waste of money because my shocks feel great.

On the shock, I think I'm the pioneer for Sprints in the US for Hyperpro.
The spring I was sent was too short.  It took about a month to get
everything straight. Hyperpro was great.  I had to send the shock to them
to get it straightened out and I was in direct email contact with the
engineers.  Seems a lot of companies have problems with Triumph because
they change stuff from year to year and model to model and don't publish
it or notify anyone.  What made this even worse was Hyperpro and Micron,
which are connected someway, were supporting Triumphs race effort at the
time. (That's right, Triumphs running at Daytona a year or two back were
running Hyperpro progressive springs as were some Honda's).  I believe
this is all straightened out now.  The only thing you have to watch out
for during spring compression is that you can get the pre-load adjuster
off the top. You have to compress the spring, take out a set screw and the
adjuster comes off.  Some spring compressers don't give you the clearance
to get that adjuster off.  Also, some shops would not work on that shock
when I was getting the spring replaced because their manuals said it was
not rebuildable so they just said no.  RT was one who would not work on it
then. Apparently they will now rebuild them.

Join ISP.COM today - $8.95 internet , less than 1/2 the cost of AOL
Try us out, http://www.isp.com/