Re: [ST] Tank bags

Steve:

  I've had good luck with Triumph's own tankbags. I originally bought one
when I got my 96 Trident.  I've had a second one on my '01 ST (19K) since
new and it's held up very well.  A little sun bleached but all the zippers
work fine, and the straps/ base are in great shape, too.  This is a fairly
large bag, and it's even bigger (obviously) when expanded.  You can carry a
LOT of stuff in it!  It also has a good rain cover and an excellent map
pocket.  Great quality and very rugged.  I use a small (8x12") Marsee bag on
my Speed Triple.  I paid about 65.00 for the Marsee, it is, however, quite
small, and holds stuff for day trips- ipod, cell phone, small took kit,
cheap rain suit, etc.  I have one of Marsee's tail packs for that bike also,
very useful.

Denis Liakos