Re: [ST] FYI Gas prices

 > While there is sometimes value in doing something rather than nothing,
 > likewise there is value in doing nothing rather than something,
 > especially if you don't understand the problem and have no idea of the
 > long term effects of your actions.

I'm trying not to take that as a personal attack as I don't believe it
was intended as one.  But I fail to see how any harm can come from me
walking to work rather than driving and stating that this is in an effort
to reduce my use of gas.

And you're right, people probably won't change without motivation.  I
don't think any of us are smart enough or fully in the know enough to
understand the current gas-price situation.  If we were we wouldn't have
time to wax poetic about it on this list.  If people being more
responsible about the way they use their personal transportation or
public transportation is a byproduct of the current rise in prices I'm
all for it.  And I'm not demonizing SUV's, only using it as the most
glaringly apparent example of misuse of a vehicle by an individual.  My
boss has 4 kids and in order to fit them in a vehicle requires a large
SUV type vehicle.  He's the only one I know that makes a practical use of
such a vehicle.

Enough of this gas-crap.  It's as if it's January again and we've got
nothing better to talk about.  I think I'll go ride my pollution machine
around for a while.

Nate
00SprintRS