- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Thomas Emberson

First of all, you could always deduct the cost of the vehicle, without
the incentive you just had to amortize the deduction over 5 or 7 years.
So the only change is how quickly you can deduct the amount.

Secondly, if they sell the vehicle, they are selling a fully depreciated

asset, so they then have to pay tax on the capital gain of selling
something that is supposed to be worthless because it was full
depreciated. MY head hurts.

Very few people realize these 2 points.

BTW, I don't like the H2. If I where going to go for the exemption I
would go for a F350 diesel and run bio-diesel, and get about 18-22mpg
pulling 5tons.  But that's just me, since I don't have a trailer, yet,
my Ranger sitting at home will do just fine .....

cheers,
Tom