Re: [ST] FYI Gas prices

- --part1_1c2.261cd446.2f8751dc_boundary

And conversely when the price of crude per barrel does go down, the price at
the pump rarely goes down. The oil companies then use the line that it hasn't
been refined at the cheaper price yet. I'm yet to hear a plausible explanation
as to why it doesn't work both ways.

Wild Conspiracy Theory or Good Business ??? - There are many alternatives to
fossil fuels for all sorts of applications and many efficient ways of using
fossil fuels than we currently employ. The fossil fuel industry buys these
inventions (BP, Shell, Mobil etc) and makes sure the inventors are very well
compensated. They are now developing these alternatives and will make a gradual
transition as fossil fuels run out. (Hybrid cars, hydrogen fuel cells, solar power
to name a few) Thus they become our saviours, stay in business and ensure
that we keep paying for the energy we use. For example, imagine the impact on
electricity production if every house had solar panels that fed back into the
grid.

Any thoughts?

Brett
Sydney

- --part1_1c2.261cd446.2f8751dc_boundary

=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">And conversely when the price of cr=
ude per barrel does go down, the price at the pump rarely goes down. The oil=
 companies then use the line that it hasn't been refined at the cheaper pric=
e yet. I'm yet to hear a plausible explanation as to why it doesn't work bot=
h ways.<BR>
<BR>
Wild Conspiracy Theory or Good Business ??? - There are many alternatives to=
 fossil fuels for all sorts of applications and many efficient ways of using=
 fossil fuels than we currently employ. The fossil fuel industry buys these=20=
inventions (BP, Shell, Mobil etc) and makes sure the inventors are very well=
 compensated. They are now developing these alternatives and will make a gra=
dual transition as fossil fuels run out. (Hybrid cars, hydrogen fuel cells,=20=
solar power to name a few) Thus they become our saviours, stay in business a=
nd ensure that we keep paying for the energy we use. For example, imagine th=
e impact on electricity production if every house had solar panels that fed=20=
back into the grid.<BR>
<BR>
Any thoughts?<BR>
<BR>
Brett<BR>
Sydney<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
- --part1_1c2.261cd446.2f8751dc_boundary--