Re: [ST] Garmin 2610 vs 276C and mounts

Rupert Galea wrote:
>I have been looking at GPS units.
>
>The 276C seems to be better in every way (much nice screen, can run on
>battery) EXCEPT it cannot take regular compact flash cards so you are
>stuck with an expensive Garmin 256MB card. Whereas with the 2610 you
>can put a cheap 2GB card in and have all the maps for the US.
>
>Does anyone have any experience with these? What are people using for mounts?
>Rupert

I have the 2610, which I'm farly happy with. The only issue compare to
the 276C is that the track log can only have a 1000 entries in it, which
depending on the terain is good for 2 - 4 hours driving. Otherwise data
entry is easier than the 276C. I have a 1GB card in it which can have
most of Europe (2/3) on it.

Regards/Casper