Re: [ST] While I'm at it

On 8/1/05, Steve Lawler <slawler@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have both wheels off the bike for new tires. I figure that since they
> are out of the way I can lube things up.
>
> Any suggestions on how to lube the rear bearings and what type of lube I
> should use. I can't see the buggers, but I know that they're in there.

You have to remove the hub from the bike. From what I can remember you
have to remove the rear brake caliper, slip the chain off and remove
the nut from the left side of the bike. Then slide the hub off. Then
you will see a roller bearing on one side and two sealed ball bearings
on the other.
Rupert