From: st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David
Earl
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 11:12 PM
To: st-triumphnet.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] One ride too far.....

So I've been smugly smiling to myself lo these 5 years of ST ownership that
my bike had avoided the dreaded broken Q-Ds and had a relatively accurate
fuel gage.  So much so that the parts for the recall, along with a new
sending unit, have been sitting in someone ELSE'S garage awaiting our
schedules to coincide so that we could do my 30K service.  For about 6
months.
The good news:  the replacement Ohlins came today so I was all set to book
and get at it.  The bad news: I took the ST out for some errands and the
second time I started it up, it began spewing gasoline like nobody's
business.  Left me stranded for 3 hours waiting for a "motorcycle" wrecker.
The 90? QD was split right at the bend.
I guess the REALLY good news is that this is the FIRST time I've ever been
stranded on a bike.

I think I'm gonna do the Team Triumph kit and keep the recall parts as
spares.  Hindsight being 20/20, I guess I should have done this three years
ago, when everyone else did! :-(

David
'99ST