RE: [ST] Mileage

>From both tire reps and mechanics (and opinionated voices on other moto
lists), I've heard underinflation, no mention of balancing.  FWIW I've
always had my front tires balanced by "the machine" rather than static.

I won't claim the tire is "perfect" again, but the uneven wear evens out
pretty well.  My guess is the new extra firm tire now wears the high
spots faster than the low ones.  But I am no expert.

Any tire experts out there?

Everyone's out riding anyway...

Jeremy Witt
Field Engineer
Corrugated Networking Services Inc.
Office: 603-703-0365

-----Original Message-----
From: st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Mike Montville
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 10:15 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ST] Mileage

Dunno if there's one definitive answer.  From tire reps, I've heard
it's underinflation or incorrect balancing; from dealers, it's the
difference in the tire manufacturing methods/materials; from
mechanics, that it's the riding/braking style.

What surprises me is that you've been able to correct a cupping
situation, once it's already developed.

Mike