As far as cupping goes.  I believe Matt H posted a real good  discussion of
this back many months (maybe last winter?)

Tom F.

In a message dated 8/5/2005 10:59:08 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
st-triumphnet.com-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Lawler  <slawler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Aug 5, 2005 9:52 AM
To:  ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Mileage

In a previous email,  sprint_st@xxxxxxx stated:
> I've been running Z4's and Z6's and have not  been able to crack 5K miles.
> Time for new shoes and I'd like something  to last a bit longer.  Long
> trips eat that rear center area quite  fast.

Hmmm. Curiouser and curiouser.

I just went through a set  of MeZ4's. The front lasted about 15,500
miles. I'll admit that it was  down beyond the wear bars on the left side
(there is a fun left hand  sweeper that I hit on the way home from work)
and badly cupped. The first  rear lasted about 10,000. After a 1,700 mile
trip down to Georgia and back  it was hideously squared off. It was at
the wear bars and the flat spot  made turns annoying. The second rear I
replaced after 5,500 miles. It took  on a nail after  1,200 miles. I
plugged it and went another 4,300  before I figured that since the plug
was slowly leaking I might as well  replace it while I'm swapping out the
front. I probably could have gotten  another 3,000 miles out of it

The new shoes are MeZ6's and as of this  writing have 0 miles on them.
One would imagine that the rear will last a  little bit longer than the
4's because of the solid center.

Most of  my mileage is done commuting to New York City. A few blasts up
to 90+, the  occasional trip into the triple digits and a few fun curves
thrown in. Out  of curiosity, what sort of riding do you do that you're
getting that low  mileage?