From: st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of George
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 1:18 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] More IDIOTS...becareful out there!!!!

I just read in this morning's paper where a local Harley rider was side
swiped by a pickup truck and killed yesterday afternoon.  Apparently the
pickup driver decided to pass the car in front of him and came over into
the opposing lanes right in front of the Harley.  The truck side swiped
both the car and the bike sending both off the road.  The car's driver was
treated and released, pick up boy was unscratched, but the Harley rider
wasn't so lucky.  The IDIOT driving the truck was cited for "improper
overtaking".  What a steaming pile of crap that is!  This really hits home
cause this is a road I use a LOT be it car, truck, or bike.  In fact, Barb
and I rode through the spot where this happened shortly after breakfast
yesterday (we took a different route home).  Makes my blood boil!!!!

Last year a drunk pickup truck driver (.12 IIRC) killed a rider last year
and messed up the passenger petty badly near my daughter's house.  All he
got was a slap on the wrist!  I guess it pays to be mayor even if it is for
some little speck on the map.

Just shows to go ya, motorcyclists don't count for a hill of beans.  Time
to mount the RPG on the bike again.

Be careful out there!!!!!

George