[ST] Re: Please be careful

We here in New England have also experienced a tragic loss this past weekend, as a dear friend, Adam Bell, was hospitalized with severe injuries after a collision with a directly- in- front of him, left turning Volvo driven by an 87 year old woman. Adam was Life Star lifted to Hartford hospital here in Connecticut with compound fractures to his right arm, hand, and leg. His jaw was also broken, even with full leathers and an Arai helmet. He lost 6 pints of blood at the scene, even though the EMT crew was on hand very quickly. His Daytona was totally destroyed in the crash. He made it through the first surgery on his leg, but suffered a massive stroke Sunday night, and passed way Monday at noon. His courageous wife, Annie, had his organs harvested for other more fortunate folks. Adam was a wonderful, warm human being with a great British wit and love for life. He was a skilled rider who left us far too soon. The void he leaves will never be filled. Our group mourns his death, and will be riding as one to his memorial service this Saturday on Cape Cod. So please, gentlemen and ladies, be vigilant on the road...

Thanks

Denis Liakos