Re: [ST] Accidents

In the UK(maybe all europe), they changed the twin headlight option to
one light on as some car drivers had assumed it was a car further
away.
Another tactic i have adopted that was featured in the weekly MCN was
weaving at junctions. Apparently we become 'camoflaged' in traffic and
by weaving when approaching any sort of junction breaks into the
opposing drivers consious. They see us!

I know of several riders this year who have been hit in varying
degrees. Car drivers on mobile phones, playing with GPS systems,
changing cd's or just simply going too fast. The car becomes more like
a living room and people start to lose awareness. I laugh at car
drivers who smoke in their car but flick the ash and butt out of the
window rather than get the ash tray dirty - forgetting about their
lungs! Something went wrong somewhere.

Im still on the bike even when i hear of stories repeated on this list
of tragedies. If i dont go on the bike would it still happen to me in
some other way? I dont know, but i do try and risk assess everything.
I do want to return home to my familly but my familly love me for
being ME.

My thoughts to all those with a heavy heart right now

--
iPat
"You cannot search out reality; you must cease for reality to be."