tool have a spring?  Mine has a spring that keeps the pin from staying with  the
link.

Tom

In a message dated 8/14/2005 3:02:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
st-triumphnet.com-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Message:  5
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 09:15:37 -0700
From: "David W. Funk"  <david.funk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ST] Breaking the chain
To:  "ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have a Motion Pro Chain breaker tool  that does say 530 chains, they make
several kinds.

I do have a  question about using the chain breaker.
I use a dremel to cut off the head  of the pin. Then I use the tool to push
the
pin. All is well until the  end. The tool runs out of threads, the pin is out
of the
chain. But the  tool is stuck. The pin is on the far side off the far chain
plate.
I had to  use the dremel again to cut the pin.
This seams wrong. What am I doing  wrong?
How should I be using the tool?
I just did this  yesterday.

David W. Funk