Re: [ST] new Daytona / HP Figures

Correct me if I'm wrong but MO measures RWHP (rear wheel) and the man'fs all make their claims based on HP at the crank, right? Based on the figures you're showing this would seem about right since chain drive generally results in about 10% power loss.

And MO probably quit weighing bikes because the man'fs were getting pissed about the true dry weight being known. And IMNSHO the only real weight that matters is wet weight. When's the last time you rode your bike with no gas, oil, battery, etc...

Nate
00SprintRS

Dan Wetherington wrote:
Here's what Motorcycle Online measured.  Compare it to the "claimed"
numbers...

Suzuki GSX-R 600 - 103.21Hp / 46.13Lb-Ft
Honda CBR 600RR - 104.11Hp / 44.19Lb-Ft
Yamaha R6 - 105.09Hp / 43.53LbFt
Kawasaki ZX-6R (636) - 110.42Hp / 47.38Lb-Ft

It seems that MO quit weighing the bikes, but I have a feeling that
they're all a little heavier than their claimed weights too...

Dan

mattheyer@xxxxxxxxx 08/17/05 11:50 AM >>>

Here is what I found:

CBR600rr - 361lbs/115hp