From: st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bil
Swartz
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 10:06 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Bought an ST!

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Jim Crate wrote:

-Well, I finally bought a 2001 Sprint ST, moving on up from my trusty
-'84 Magna V45 that has carried me 12K miles in 15 months.

Welcome to the liST Jim, and to your ST!

The ST's chain freeplay is recommended 35-40mm measured midway between
the
sprockets at the tightest point.

Chain quickchecks:

Try to pull the chain away from the rear sprocket at the 3
o'clock (rearmost) position - if it pulls away this indicates stretch
and
wear and at 20k on the clock I'd expect a little, but a little will be
ok.

A quick freeplay check I do is to push the chain upward toward the
bottom
rubbing strip midway between the two sprockets.  It should stop just a
little
short of the rubbing strip.  Once you've adjusted a chain, check this
for feel
for the future.

89 octane (US method)

--

                               ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\