[ST] Sprint throttle cable alternative

When recently changing out the sticking throttle cable on my '02 RS,
I discovered that the replacement cable set (Triumph part #T2040289,
specified for all dual-cable 955 Sprints) was 2 inches shorter than
that originally installed on my bike.

The new cable wasn?t long enough to route like the original, and the
shop manual was no help.  I chose the best of 5 bad routing schemes
(inside the frame, skip the front cable stand-off, and fork tube
stretching it at left lock) because of next-day vacation departure.

The longer cable is otherwise identical to the specified part, but it
allows more rounded arcs in the routing, and can be threaded through
the front stand-off and the fairing mount center-hole.  It also fits
better if Gen-Mar risers have been installed.

The part no. is T-2040253 -- dealers can't determine which model it's
for, because the parts system can't cross-reference that by part no.

I?m going back to this ?incorrect? cable.

HTH others,
Mike