[ST] New Buell - ST valves (was We're back)

On 8/20/05, Dave Bardell <dbardell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Joel,
>
> Two things I really love about the new Buell Adv. Tourer, other than it
> looks neat.
>
> 1.  Hydraulic valves  --  no costs for valve adj every 12K miles.
> 2.  A belt drive good for the life of the bike.  No chain/sprocket lubes
> and replacements.
>
> Call me cheap, but I would give up a few thousand rpm off the redline to
> eliminate the costly valve adjustments.

I like the engineering choices Buell makes. I wish they were not stuck
with that engine. I few years back I rented a Buell for a weekend. It
was a total blast on the open road but the engine vibes at low revs
meant it was less than ideal at low speeds.

> Dave Bardell
> 01 ST w/ 41,000 miles

I just took my bikes in yesterday to have a valve check done at 40K.
Once again the valves were within spec. This engine has 40K on it and
has never needed to have the valves adjusted. Is that normal?

Now if it would just stop burning oil.
Rupert