Oil burning (was Re: [ST] New Buell - ST valves (was We're back))

On Aug 20, 2005, at 7:37 AM, Rupert Galea wrote:
Now if it would just stop burning oil.

Rupert, my bike also became an oil burner around 30K miles. Since then I've learned of, tried, and am pretty impressed with a product called Auto-RX <http://www.auto-rx.com/>. It's made from natural esters to gently soften and emulsify sludge and other deposits throughout the engine. The gentle method is important since many other cleaners work too quickly and can cause large chunks of deposits to break off and cause damage. Auto-RX works really well to clean out the rings and allow them to fully seal again, reducing oil consumption and improving the life of your oil.

To be clear, I didn't get a chance to use it on my ST before I totaled it. I am, however, using it on my current (used) motorcycle and I just completed the treatment on my girlfriend's car to great effect.

Also note that it won't fix something that's damaged or worn, so if you're getting oil consumption from worn valve guides or cylinder linings Auto-RX won't completely solve the problem. But, if your engine's just gotten a little grungy over the miles and needs a good cleaning, an Auto-RX treatment is a good way to do that.

(Note that there's a sister product called Cycle-RX, targeted at motorcycles, but the only thing that's different between them is the label.)

Oh, and no, I'm not affiliated in any way with the product or company other than as a satisfied customer.
--
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxx>
San Jose, CA (USA)