RE: [ST] Sprint throttle cable alternative

I have recently put that exact cable set(T2040289) on my '02 Sprint ST.  I
did not compare them side by side, but I found they mounted fine in the same
places the old one came from.  Very strange yours didn't.  The RS has lower
bars, so it should have more clearance.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
<<
When recently changing out the sticking throttle cable on my '02 RS,
I discovered that the replacement cable set (Triumph part #T2040289,
specified for all dual-cable 955 Sprints) was 2 inches shorter than
that originally installed on my bike.

The new cable wasn't long enough to route like the original, and the
shop manual was no help.  I chose the best of 5 bad routing schemes
(inside the frame, skip the front cable stand-off, and fork tube
stretching it at left lock) because of next-day vacation departure.

The longer cable is otherwise identical to the specified part, but it
allows more rounded arcs in the routing, and can be threaded through
the front stand-off and the fairing mount center-hole.  It also fits
better if Gen-Mar risers have been installed.

The part no. is T-2040253 -- dealers can't determine which model it's
for, because the parts system can't cross-reference that by part no.

I'm going back to this 'incorrect' cable.

HTH others,
Mike