RE: [ST] Bought an ST!

... with the Magna, I had always found it extremely difficult to look
ahead through corners.

Aha! I've seen this before. I bet it's that bar mounted windscreen!

A buddy of mine, who I got into bikes, got an old Suzuki GS550L as his
first bike, which had a fairly big bar mounted screen on it. After he
had gotten a few hundred street miles under him and felt ready, I took
him up into the canyons. I'd be riding behind him, and he'd get really
wobbly in the longer turns, constantly readjusting his line. I
recognized that almost immediately as not looking far enough ahead, so I
told him to pay attention to it. He did, and for the first three or four
turns, he looked much better, but then he'd set in again to the wobbly
line changing not looking ahead dork. I could see from behind him that
he wasn't turning his head. So we stopped, I told him again, rinse, and
repeat. Finally we swapped bikes (I still had my Yamaha Seca II), and he
looked fine on my bike, but wait, now **I** wasn't looking ahead! WTF?

The screen that came with the bike had a pretty big lip on the edge
where it was all rounded and buffed and pretty. This kind of ended up
making a frame of sorts with what was visible through the screen. For
some reason, my brain seemed to want to keep my attention within that
frame, and I found it a really hard habit to break. We went back to my
place, pulled the screen, and headed back up into the hills, and he
looked fine for the rest of the day. The screen sat on my garage floor
for three weeks before he picked it up to deliver to the guy that he
sold it to... heh

On the Sprint, you're not looking through the screen, you're looking
over it, so there's no framing effect. I bet that's what's going on!

Anyway, enough rambling from me. Good to hear that the bike is so good,
and that you're getting along with it. I had a great weekend of riding,
except for the trip home in heavy traffic last night. There are very few
things more frustrating than a nice clean smooth winding 2 lane mountain
highway with a 55mph speed limit that you're stuck on behind cages doing
35mph. Suck.

Cheers -
- J