Re: [ST] Speaking of heat...

On 8/23/05, sprint_st@xxxxxxx <sprint_st@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sounds good, but who knows.  Lots of drag racers buy their claims. I
> haven't bought it enough to pop the bucks for either coating or wraps.

A common problem with the wraps, as someone else noted, is that
they'll cause your exhaust pipes to rust faster because they can
absorb or trap moisture next to the pipe. This isn't a problem with
racers who rarely see wet conditions, but it is a problem for
all-weather applications. In that situation I'd prefer to go with a
coating, which doesn't have that drawback (but does cost more money
and takes your bike out of service for longer).
--
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxx>
San Jose, CA  (USA)