[ST] Got to ride an 05 today

As the title sez I visited my nice local Triumph dealer today and got a chance to take an 05 ST out for about 30 minutes. The good is that it's still comfortable, the better is that the power is improved, and the suspension felt much more sorted. Bike handles very well and felt really planted, good clean air flow with little to no buffeting. The BAD is the bike throws so much heat that for me it's damn near un-rideable. It maybe good in the winter or someplace where it never gets hot .. It was a wonderful 80 here in NJ today low humidity and this thing was just cooking my lower legs , could just feel heat billowing out, and it seemed to get worse at higher speeds.. more air I guess moving through and past the motor. My old 99 would start cooking my right leg in traffic or at a stop but would cool down as soon as I took off, not this 05. Anyway too bad as the ABS version is just now out, and I really was interested.. for those of you with pre 05's keep em' Oh the bags and mounts are totally ugly... So I was hoping that I'd found a replacement for my 04 Honda ST1300abs. It also gets hot ( although not nearly as bad as the ST) but not until Triumph solves the heat issue, if it even can be solved.

Erik