RE: [ST] RE: ST-triumphnet.com Digest, Vol 5, Issue 38

Bob Nixon writes:
I think most of you' all missed my meaning or I just wasn't clear with my
writing. If someone on this list or someone you know goes down, then yes.
certainly it should be included in your post for sharing with other listers.
However, if it's just a clip from your local metro web page or other news
service about some squid going down you didn't know, we all have those
things happening in the major metros. IOW, it's non-specific and depressing.

As to going outside the Sprint walls. We can all get the latest FJR-1300
ride report from the rags. And Steve, these naked rides like the Yammi
FZ-1000 or others, why bother? The Sprint, VFR, Futura & Duc ST4s are
dedicated Euro style bantamweight Sport Tourers. ST-1300's and FJR-1300's
IMHO have more in common with a Honda Goldwing than the Sprint. IOW, if you
expand the confines too far there's really nothing left to draw folks in.
Personally, I'm involved with 3 other online lists that deal with a broader
scope of MC's. AMS, plus our local AZ group "Scratchers- team chicken
strips" and The SoCal/AZ Sab/Mag list. Each one has some focus, but not
necessarily a specific MC as this one and the SabMag list.

Let's all share whatever we have to share, and all get along and inspire each other in this glorious addiction, Sprint centered but not exclusive, mmmmmkay?

Sure Steve, but I get the impression that the Sprint is considered the
underdog here. The bigger US (Japanese) favorites get more accolades and VFR
owners seem to outnumber the Sprints???

With all due respect Bob (and I have a hell of a lot of respect for ya), I think you are missing the bigger picture here.

I will agree on the local accident issue if it doesn't involve someone one of us know. That is, unless there is a lesson to be learned, especially by someone with less experience than you or I, or many others on this list. If posting details about a local accident teaches a lesson that keeps one of us from making a stupid mistake, I say it is not a waste of bandwidth.

If you look back on say, the last fifty threads on this list I would bet you would find 45 of them to be Sprint specific. We actually stray from the Sprint very little around here, as I see it. I don't post as much as I used to in those threads, mainly 'cause I've pretty much said all I've got to say on most of the technical side of things around here. But I do follow them and if some bit of knowledge I have doesn't surface then I will pipe up. This is rarely necessary :-)

Other bikes? Sure they come up, and mostly in comparison to the Sprint. Seems to me the Sprint is still the favored bike around here. Should be, it's still the BEST all around SPORT-tourer out there. The new '05 is kicking ass and taking names. But others have moved on to other bikes and give their input, now and then. Should we ban them? How about Erik Miner, original member of this list and a person who contributed invaluable information over the years on many Sprint Mods, including Race Tech set-ups, tire comparo's, and many many other important issues.

I'm just saying that we have developed some friendships over the years around here and I still welcome the input of the oldtimers even if they have given into the dark side (Kwhiners). Hey, maybe we can reconvert them back to the Sprint if we let them hang around.

I'm on several other Motorcycle lists too, Bob. This being the only "bike specific" list in the bunch.
Seems to me these boys stay on topic most of the time. In fact, it wouldn't bother me at all if we got "off topic" more often. But it seems to be a good balance these days.

And really, Bob, more VFR owners than Sprint around here? I have serious doubts there, my friend.
If that really is true, then let the raping and pillaging begin !!!!!

eLDonut jinete en la tormenta

STeve