Re: [ST] Concerning fuelconsumption - updated

Masiak, Richard wrote:

> that sounds about right.  If you were bone dry you'd be up around 230ish miles.  I vary between 45-49 MPG too, so what's the worry?

It's always worth noting that the US Gallon is about 1.2x smaller than
the UK one, so 45-49 per US gallon equates to 54-58 per UK gallon.

I get a huge range of fuel consumption on my '00 ST.  This summer I got
my best ever consumption at just under 60mpg over 180 miles at a
fixedish 85mph.  Boring but easy.  Around 43mpg at worst on stop-start,
and hard (for me) riding.  Typically around the 45-50mpg mark though.

All in UK gallons :)

Andrew