Re: [ST] 10yrs in the USA?

They were at the Toronto show, so I assume they will be at the Vancouver
show too...

I was told (can't remember where) that Triumph was using the $$ they
would have spent on the IMS shows to improve their dealer network or
something like that...

I am disappointed that they won't be at the show.  I was actually
planning on going this year.

Dan

>>> Neil.Lindsey@xxxxxxx 12/4/2005 9:58 PM >>>
Someone mentioned months ago that Triumph had decided not to
participate
in any of the US shows this year.  No specific reason was given that I
recall, but I think it was assumed that Triumph had decided to spend
its
promotional budget in more productive ways.  As I recall there was
even
a suggestion that Triumph might have changed their mind at the last
moment.  Apparently not.  Perhaps the decision was spawned by some
specific problems like the one you point out, but there has never been
any indication that Triumph has decided to ignore the US marketplace.
Far from it.  The Rocket III, for example, was specifically and
primarily developed for the US market.

The fact that Triumph was not expected to show in Seattle was one of
the
main reasons I decided not to go this year.  It will be interesting to
see if the Triumph truck makes it to the Vancouver show next month.
I'm
not holding my breath.