Re: [ST] Bikes for the vertically challenged

> My wife wants to have her own bike next year, instead of being perched on
> the back of mine. She is not that tall, but >still taller than some of my
> male friends, so I didn't expect much of a problem in getting a bike she
> can ride.

Hi Marc,
My wife is 5'3", and has the same problem.  She recently traded her Ducati
Monster for a new Thruxton, and dearly loves it.  She also has a BMW F650GS
(the lowered version) that she travels on, but the Thruxton is her all time
favorite.  I did lower it 2" with new rear shocks and raising the forks up
1" and it handles quite well.  You might take a look at the Thruxton - or
even the Bonneville, although it's more sedate.
Dave