From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeremy Witt
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 1:04 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Bikes for the vertically challenged

It's been fed Mobil 1 Synthetic since I bought it, has had the oil
changed before, and almost always right after, winter.  The stock pipe
has been replaced by a shorty pipe who's manufacturer name escapes me at
the moment.  Runs a bit rich at the moment.  Carbs are stock jetting.  I
have the Honda service manual, which instructs you to drill a hole in
the wrong place on the carburetor when looking for the mixture screws.
The result of that goof is a screw twisted into the mistaken hole in the
carb body.  Never got round to JB Welding it (sense a pattern?) but it's
been that way over 30k miles.  Front brake line is SS.  Everything else
is stock.  Gets about 48mpg round the town, about 50 on the highway and
close to 60mpg on the Blue Ridge Parkway at a steady 55mph!

Not quite a rat bike, but cosmetics were the lowest priority for me.

Jeremy Witt
Field Engineer
Corrugated Networking Services Inc.
Office: 603-703-0365