[ST] Triumph will be at Canadian Shows

To Neil and other Canucks.

Triumph will be at the Canadian Motorcycle Shows and I have it from a
reliable source that there will be an '06 Daytona 675 prototype on display
and likely a Scrambler. I've got a 3 hr drive to Vancouver from Whistler and
have to give up a perfectly good ski day, so I wasn't going down to the show
to see a cardboard cut-out of a 675.

As someone who has worked at a motorcycle show several times (in Toronto
selling motorcycle holidays), I can understand Triumph's decision not to
attend. It is huge $$ to go to the US shows and if it is anything like our
experience, it may not warrant the cost for the few sales actually generated
by the show. It is a shame really because I do feel the shows do create
brand awareness and not being there can foster all kinds of negative impact
from people who like to speculate without fact. The Rocket is a good example
of a bike that gets lots of attention at a show from people who would likely
never set foot in a Triumph dealership (Harley Owners). I do hope Triumph
does return to the US shows soon but if they are putting the money into
building a stronger dealer network and $$ into R&D to build more outstanding
bikes...well you can't have it all.

Like always, it is great to be Canadian. See you in Vancouver, I'll be the
guy begging to sit on the 675.

All the Best,

Mike Ciebien
Rocky Mountain Motorcycle Holidays

p.s. We have an '05 Silver ST for sale if anyone is interested in the
upgrade. Drop me a line off site if you're interested. It has the Kilometer
per hour Canadian spec speedo, so sorry to our Southern Friends, it will be
a hastle to get the bike approved in the US.