Re: [ST] Triumph will be at Canadian Shows

I can fully understand the reasons why Triumph & other retailers arent
attending shows, as stated by Mike and others, as I have also had involvement behind
the scenes at such events.

A big criticism of the recent Sydney show was that there were displays of
riding apparel by the likes of RJays, Dririder, Rivet, Shoei etc etc, but it was
display only put on by the importers/wholesalers.

Why couldnt we as punters buy stuff at the show?

The reason being that the retailers - motorcycle stores - would miss out on
sales. If the items they stocked were made available for sale at the show, then
the various retailers would return said brands to the relevent wholesalers
with a very sharp "shove it! Sell your own gear!"

Why there cant be some form of cooperation there is beyond me. This is the
first bike show in the world, that I have been to where you cant buy stuff
during the event.

Brett
Sydney.