From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kevin Byram
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 9:15 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Cooling fan kinda loud?

Thanks for the quick reply Matt. I guess the reason I asked was that I
don't ever remember hearing the fan turn off. It doesn't sound like
anything is wrong with the way it runs, but I was thinking I should hear
it turn off on occasion. Will need to ride it more to getter a better feel
for it. The way the weather looks, it will be a while.

Matthew Heyer <matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  The fan cycles on and off.
You will also notice it when you turn off the bike - the fan will run for
a bit to cool the engine. It's normal (and a bit loud, but it's never
really grabbed my attention while riding).

Matt Heyer

Kevin Byram wrote:
I got my '01 Sprint ST about a month ago, but due to weather in NE Ohio,
haven't been out but a couple times on it. I noticed that the cooling fan
runs all the time and sometimes sounds a bit obtrusive at low speeds. I
assume this is normal, never had a water cooled bike before, my last ride
was an '82 Suzuki.
Is the fan meant to cycle on and off or does it go all the time? Thanks,
Kevin