From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Allyoop
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 10:48 AM
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] fuel pump noise

Since I bought my 2000 Sprint ST in July (6300 miles) I've noticed a
whining
or squealing noise when I turn on the key and start the bike. It's
coming
from the right side below the seat. I presume it's the fuel pump. At the
end
of a ride the noise has quit.

Somebody commented recently that early Sprints had a fuel pump noise
problem. My question: Is it more than that? Can I expect the pump to
fail
prematurely? Should I pick up one of the pumps I see on ebay, just in
case?

Thanks for the feedback!

Walt Greenwood

Everett, Washington USA

36 F this morning. Bike resting comfortably in garage.