Re: [ST] Triumph's absence at the shows

I've always been disappointed with Triumphs attitude to the shows.

They don't support the Irish bike show although a few of the dealers have
had Triumphs on their own stands. This year they should have had a 1050 ST,
1050 Speed Triple and a 2300cc (I just love saying that!) Rocket III. Add a
few jackets, Tees and caps for sale and that would have been a good showing.
Not particularly expensive and very beneficial to the marque in this
country. I remember when I started looking at Triumphs in the first place,
There was huge owner enthusiasm for the marque and the factory made an
effort to liase with the fans. Pointed examples would be Ross Cliffords
contributions to triumphnet, Jack Lilleys sponsorship of the list, Triumphs
sponsorship of the photo competitions and the ST questionnaire which seems
to have been taken into account with the design of the new 1050. Over the
last few years I've seen the support and enthusiasm of the distributors and
dealers over here wane to the point where owning a Triumph has become an
expensive PITA. Most dealers won't have anything to do with them and as a
result most potential owners go elsewhere. Even dealing with the
distributors directly trade in values are insulting and warranty claims take
months. Come February I myself will be abandoning Triumph and taking my
business elsewhere and that is largely due to Triumphs negligence of its
customers rather than the products, which I still believe are best in class.

BMW on the other hand have put in a fantastic effort over the last few years
and have massively improved their image with the public as a result. Very
professional stands at the shows, huge factory and dealer support for owners
and active marketing have made the product available, desirable and (more
importantly) easy to live with. Guess where I'm spending my money this year!

Howlin' Dawg
Ireland